Privacy & Cookies
Privacy & Cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that can be saved, subject to your choices, in a dedicated space on your hard drive when you consult an online service and thanks to your browser software. These allow us to compare new visitors with previous visitors, to understand how users use our site and therefore improve the browsing experience in the future.
What is the purpose of the cookies issued on our site?
During your visit to our site, we may, subject to your choices, install various Cookies in your terminal enabling us to recognise the browser used during the period of validity of the Cookie concerned.
The Cookies we issue are used for the purposes described below:
- The Cookies we issue on our site:
- to adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits.
- Memorise information relating to a form you have filled in on our site.
- Allow you to access personal areas, using identifiers or data that you have previously entrusted to us;
- To implement security measures (for example, when you are asked to reconnect to your personal space after a certain period of time).
- Establish statistics and volumes of frequentation and use (headings and content visited, paths, etc.), enabling us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
Cookies issued on our site by third parties:
- Due to third party applications integrated into our site
We sometimes include on our site computer applications from third parties, allowing you to share content with others or to let others know your consultation or opinion on content. These include "Share" and "Like" buttons, social networking sites such as "Facebook", "Twitter", etc., and other applications that allow you to share content with others.
We have no control over the process used by social networks to collect information about your browsing on our site. We therefore invite you to consult the privacy policies concerning the private life of these social networks in order to be aware of the purposes of use of the data they may collect through these application buttons. These protection policies must allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks by setting up your accounts for use of each of these networks.
- Via third party content displayed in our advertising spaces
The advertising content disseminated in our spaces provided for this purpose is likely to contain Cookies issued by third parties: the advertiser at the origin of the advertising content concerned or a third party company to the advertiser who has associated a Cookie with the advertising content of an advertiser.
Where appropriate, Cookies issued by these third parties may allow them, during the period of validity of the Cookies :
- To count the number of displays of the advertising contents diffused via our advertising spaces, to identify the advertisements thus displayed, the number of users having clicked on each advertisement.
- To collect navigational information about the terminals consulting our site;
- To recognize your device when you subsequently visit any other site or service on which these advertisers or third parties also issue Cookies and, if necessary, to adapt these third party sites and services or the advertisements they broadcast to the navigation of your device of which they may have knowledge.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies
The Agreement regarding Cookies
Whether or not a cookie is saved on a device depends on the choice of the device user, who can change this choice at any time via the settings of his browser software.
If your browser software is set to accept cookies on your device, cookies that are embedded in pages and content that you have viewed may be stored temporarily in a dedicated area on your device. Only the sender of a Cookie can read or change information that is contained in the Cookie.
Refusal of Cookies
If you refuse to accept Cookies on your terminal, you will no longer be able to benefit from a certain number of functionalities (which are nevertheless necessary to navigate in certain areas of the site). This would be the case if you tried to access our content or services that require you to identify yourself. This would also be the case if we were unable to recognize, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by your device, its language and display settings or the country from which you have been using it.
Exercise your choice according to the browser used
To manage your choices regarding cookies, the configuration differs depending on the browser used. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will tell you how to change your cookie preferences.
We invite you to consult the site www.aboutcookies.org for more details.
Other collected data transmitted voluntarily by the user.
The information transmitted by the user through the forms on our site (contact forms, requests for offers, etc...) is voluntary. In accordance with the legislation relating to the protection of privacy, you can take note of this data from us and have it corrected or deleted by sending us a request by email or by post.
Personal data in the possession of the BVVM
- Identification and contact details: surname, first name, e-mail address, telephone number.
- Login data for the user account: user name, e-mail address, password, ...
How do we use your data?
This information is used for :
- communicate with you on the subjects for which you request us
- inform you about products, promotions, actions, news and offers from third parties that may be of interest to you (in the case of subscribing to our newsletter).
- You can unsubscribe at any time by means of the link provided for this purpose in the newsletters received.
- Rights of access, rectification, deletion, restriction, opposition and transferability of personal data
- You have the right at any time to consult your personal data and to correct them (or have them corrected) if they are incorrect or incomplete, to have them deleted, to restrict their processing and to object to the processing of your personal data, including their profiling on the basis of these provisions.
- In addition, the customer has the right to obtain a copy (in a structured, common and machine-readable form) of his personal data and to have it forwarded to another company.
Personal data will be retained for the period necessary to comply with legal requirements.